Transfer news LIVE updates: Follow all the latest from across the globe

Sunday 14 January

Alexis Sanchez proposal

06:00: Manchester United are reportedly prepared to pay Alexis Sanchez more money to prevent Manchester City from signing him.

Manchester United have emerged as the frontrunners to sign him after reports emerged Manchester City refused to pay the Gunners’ £35million asking price.

Jose Mourinho was supposedly prepared to use Henrikh Mkhitaryan as a makeweight in a potential deal.

Sunday Express Sport understands Sanchez has been informed he must decide this week whether he wants to join United otherwise he can forget it.

And according to The Sun on Sunday, Sanchez is in line to pocket an extra £60,000-a-week if he chooses United over City.

The report suggests Mourinho will ‘fight’ to land the Arsenal contract rebel.

Liverpool Riyad Mahrez claim

05:30: Robbie Savage is adamant Liverpool and Arsenal target Riyad Mahrez is easily worth £75million.

Express Sport understands that while the Reds have begun negotiations to sign Mahrez, the Algerian winger would prefer a move to Arsenal.

While it is not known how much Mahrez would fetch were he to leave this month, Savage was quick to make his own valuation.

“I’d say Mahrez is worth £75m,” Savage told BBC Radio 5 live.

“Van Dijk has gone for £75m and he’s a defender.

“Mahrez was PFA Player of the Year two years ago and he’s won the Premier League so why he’s not worth £75m?”

Chelsea’s Alex Sandro pursuit

05:00: Jose Mourinho is reportedly ready to muscle in on Chelsea’s pursuit for Juventus star Alex Sandro.

Chelsea have been credited with a serious interest in the defender.

So far, Antonio Conte has brought in Ross Barkley for £15m, but the Italian tactician wants to make more reinforcements before the window closes.

And according to the Sunday Mirror, Mourinho has made it clear to the board that he wants Sandro.

It is said he is prepared to meet Juve’s asking price of the 26-year-old.

Lionel Messi Barcelona order

04:30: Lionel Messi has reportedly told Barcelona he doesn’t want Antoine Griezmann at the club, and they should instead opt to sign Paulo Dybala.

Barcelona have already spent in excess of £350million since last summer on forwards alone following the arrivals of Ousmane Dembele and most recently Philippe Coutinho, including Messi’s signing on fee for his new contract.

But they are reportedly still interested in bringing in another striker to bolster their options.

And Griezmann is believed to be the favourite among club chiefs with Atletico Madrid prepared to listen to offers at the end of the season.

However, according to Spanish outlet Mi Otra Liga, Messi has warned the Catalan club against a move for Griezmann.

He has instead told Barcelona to focus their efforts on prying Dybala away from Juventus.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here